This plugin lets you post Tomboy notes to a weblog through the magic of XML-RPC. Attached is the source (goes in
tomboy-[ver]/Tomboy/Plugins/) and a diff/patch against the cvs
- needs XmlRpcCS. Mono 1.1.x users, check my guide for installing it.
- there's no pref's dialog, you need gnome-blog, it currently reads your gnome-blog settings from GConf
- currently only supports the MetaWeblog API (MovableType, etc.)
- does not support post editing
- currently just uploads whatever the text value of the note is. If your blog supports setting a default formatting style (like Markdown), just use that in your note and it should show up properly.
Some ideas for enhancement:
- keep track of postID's in an extra XML field (like width and height are now). This would allow you to upload a post, then edit/update it within Tomboy.
- move pref's to Tomboy's preferences dialog and GConf settings?
- let you sync your notes with your weblog. This would update your blog with local Tomboy changes, as well as pull down other posts not made from Tomboy into Tomboy.
- maybe a different icon?
Enjoy, feel free to enhance/update/improve/etc.
And yes, this post was made with it. ;)